Library Research for Latin American & Caribbean
FIU Libraries has a rigorous
library instruction program for both students and faculty.
The FIU Libraries, together with LACIC, provide customized
workshops on information literacy skills for the
LACC certificate programs and the
Master of Arts
program. Also available are open workshops for faculty and students on research
strategies for Latin America and the Caribbean.
These workshops and classes can help you and/or your class to recognize
when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate and effectively
use the information. The main objectives can be customized to include several or
all of the following:
Please contact Stephanie Brenenson, the
Library Instruction Coordinator
for more information.
- become familiar with traditional resources
- develop and refine search strategies
- learn how to navigate in an electronic research environment
- identify resources not owned at FIU and the most appropriate way to get them
- identify and evaluate Internet resources
Extended Research Consulations - The LACIC
Librarian is available to assist you in your research. Please
contact Gayle Williams to schedule a research session.
Phone: (305) 348-2228