Please agree to the following LACIC Exchange Conditions and
Procedures before creating an account.
- Exchange partners must be institutions, libraries or universities. No personal
or individual partners.
- LACIC intends to develop exchange relationships with institutions that have materials
available that fit the profile of FIU Libraries' LAC collection. LACIC reserves the right
to refuse partnerships with institutions that fall outside this profile.
- Once an institution has created an account, LACIC will send, by email, all login
information, including Institution Code and Password.
- Exchange partners must have an active exchange program with print and/or electronic
exchange lists immediately available.
- Exchange partners must make exchange list(s) available to LACIC before
submitting requests from the LACIC Exchange Database. If exchange partners submit
requests before LACIC receives exchange lists, requests will be denied.
Electronic lists can be emailed to:
Print lists can be mailed to:
Florida International University Libraries
Latin American and Caribbean Information Center
c/o Gayle Williams (Exchanges)
GL 225, University Park
Miami, FL 33199
- To submit requests, login to LACIC Exchange Database, search database, select desired
volumes, and confirm items in Exchange Cart.
- Exchange will be 1 volume for 1 volume (i.e. 1 title/set with 2 volumes will be
exchanged for 2 volumes).
- Every effort will be made to send items within 10 business days of request. LACIC
will pay postage and handling. Please allow time for delivery.
- Exchange partners can request up to 30 items from the LACIC Exchange Database
(in one shipment or in several shipments) before fulfilling LACIC requests for items.
- Exchange partner must fulfill LACIC requests for items before
submitting new requests. Please send all exchange materials to the above address. Exchange
partners agree to pay postage and handling.
- LACIC reserves the right to temporarily discontinue this exchange service due to
extended vacations, lack of exchange materials, etc. LACIC will notify all partners by email
of any interruption of service. When services return to normal, LACIC will again notify
partners by email.
- If contact information changes, please update account after logging in.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the integrity of the data in the LACIC
Exchange Database, some errors may have occurred during data entry. Exchange partners
agree to not hold LACIC responsible for these errors (i.e. publication date, condition of
material, language, subject descriptor, etc.